A MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
Greetings Parents, Guardians, and School Community!
Welcome back to the 2022-2023 school year! We are dedicated to providing a nurturing learning environment that is positive, safe, warm, caring, as well as a fun place for our students to learn and grow.
Student success is attributed to the partnership and the relationships we build within our community. We will continue to host virtual meetings and workshops as well as in person and community and family events. Please check our school website, social media accounts, school app, email, and stay connected to our Parent Coordinator, Mr. Ramos for D8 events.
Look out for our P.S. 75 School Survey. We are carefully planning and assessing needs based on your responses. We will continue to communicate and send out surveys throughout the school year to identify glows, grows and make adjustments accordingly.
Our teachers, paraprofessionals, counselors, school aides, clerical staff and administration are all here to help support your needs academically and emotionally. We are committed to providing your child(ren) a memorable, interactive, and engaging hybrid learning experience.
I wish you and your family well and look forward to working with you and for you this school year!
#KINDNESS in a World where you can be anything be kind!
Self-discipline is one of the keys to living to your full potential. If you can be disciplined with your daily actions you can achieve anything that you set your mind to.
Priority Learning Standards
We are starting the school year with a Traditional Learning Schedule. That means that your child will be in school Monday through Friday. If our school, borough, city, state or country moves into a Health Emergency, or a class need to quarantine we will switch to remote learning. We will inform you if such measures are required.
School Day Hours - 8:20 AM to 3:10 PM
Building Safety Procedures
Building Safety Procedures: We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: Masks must be worn at all times by all adults (teachers, staff, and visitors) and by students in ages 2 and up while in the building. If your child is unable to wear a mask for medical reasons, they must have an excuse signed by a doctor on file in the office and will be accommodated with medical mask breaks.
- Handwashing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Drop-off and pickup procedures: Please maintain social distancing between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents are not allowed to enter the building with their child unless arrangements have been made in advance with the office. Please move through the drop-off and pickup line as quickly as possible to make room for families behind you.
- Visiting our school: We are limiting visitors to the school during this time. Parent and community volunteer and in-person tutoring have been suspended until further notice. Most parent-teacher conferences and other meetings can be held virtually. All visits must be pre-approved and scheduled with the office. Call the main office for an appointment.
- While in the building: When you enter the building, please check in at the front desk. During check-in, you will be given a nametag and reminded to wear your mask at all times. Please have a picture ID ready and the name of the person you have are scheduled to meet.
- Traffic flow in hallways and common areas: Hallways are marked with arrows. Please keep at least 3 ft. distance between yourself and others.
- Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 100.2°F must stay home. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you stay home or at a designated care facility for a minimum of 14 days. Please contact us via phone or email as soon as possible.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
Safety Precautions Taken By Our School
PLEASE CONSIDER COVID TESTING CONSENT FOR YOU CHILD(REN). TESTING IS WEEKLY POP-UP AND IS QUICK AND LESS INVASIVE THAT OUTSIDE TESTING. THE LINK IS https://www.schools.nyc.gov/docs/default-source/default-document-library/student-covid-19-testing-consent-form---september-27-2020
In addition to asking everyone to wear masks, wash hands, and maintain social distancing, our school has taken several steps to improve the safety of our staff and students. These steps have been recommended by local health authorities to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and other illnesses.
- Changes in class sizes: We've reduced the average class size based on the size of the room and the number of bodies present for in-person instruction.
- Improvements in ventilation: In an effort to maximize air circulation, we are opening windows whenever possible and air conditioning units have had scheduled maintenance. Industrial fans will be turned on in areas where they are located.
- Increases in cleaning frequency: Our custodial team is committed to cleaning all classrooms twice daily, once before the school day and once in the afternoon. In addition, all classroom teachers have been provided with sanitizing wipes to wipe down surfaces and shared resources on an as-needed basis throughout the school day.
- Hand sanitation: All bathrooms have been stocked with extra soap for frequent hand washing. In addition, we have provided teachers with hand sanitizer for the classroom and added hand sanitizer stations in common areas.
NEED TO KNOW NOW!
INSTRUCTION Begins at 8:20 AM, please be PROMPT to school daily!
P.S. 75 is a UNIFORM school! Grey shirt and black bottoms. Find out how to get your school uniform shirt today. Call the main office for details (718)860-1630.
DOE School Year Calendar Link: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/about-us/news/2021-2022-school-year-calendar
BACK TO SCHOOL K-5 School Supply List
P.S.75 is a UNIFORM SCHOOL!
Grey Shirt and Black Bottoms or one of our uniform shirts with the school logo. Call the main office at (718)860-1630 ext. 0 for details. In addition, you can purchase school uniforms at our school.
We are committed to making sure that all students can successfully connect to online learning during their at-home learning days!
- Students should bring their charged devices to school daily, unless told by the teacher or school to do otherwise.
- Borrowed devices should be used for school purposes only and kept in a secure location. DO NOT PUT A PASSWORD ON DEVICES! Take your device with you on in-school days.
- Technology Support for borrowed devices link: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/learning/learn-at-home/technical-tools-and-support/technical-support-for-families
- If you are not able to get internet hooked up in your home, contact the school or your child's teacher for alternative offline assignments.
- If you are having trouble connecting to Google Class, Google Meets, or any of our online learning resources, contact your child's teacher.
iReady Online Instruction
Log in to i-Ready®, online learning for instruction that helps teachers provide all students a path to proficiency and growth in reading and mathematics. Please contact Ms. Morales at CMorales@schools.nyc.gov or Ms. Erickson at TErickson2@schools.nyc.gov if you are experiencing difficulty logging onto iReady.Clink on the link to access iReady. https://login.i-ready.com/
Tips for At-Home Learning
At-home learning will look different than a typical school day. The amount of time your child should be expected to engage in learning activities will vary by age and grade level. The expectations below are guidelines. If your child is not able to complete at-home learning assignments within the time periods recommended below, contact your child's teacher to discuss a modified assignment load.
- Make sure your child has a quiet place to work (ideally a desk or table) and the school supplies they need. Try to remove distractions like the television or other technology not needed for learning.
- For grades K-2, expect your child to work up to 2 hours per day, broken up into sessions of no more than 30 minutes.
- For grades 3-5, expect your child to work up to 4 hours per day, broken up into sessions of no more than one hour.
- Your child may benefit from focusing on a limited number of subjects for a limited number of time each day. Try to take a 2-5 minutes breather or move around between subjects/assignments.
DOE Technical Support
NYC DOE Student Account Page
On this page you can get access to Student Accounts, update passwords, video tutorials, and much more.
As the New York City Department of Education resumes in-person schooling this fall, most schools and early childhood programs will operate on a blended learning model. This means that each week, students will have some school days in person, and some school days remotely. Learning Bridges is a new program that will provide free child care options for children from 3-K through 8th grade on days when they are scheduled for remote learning.
- Students will receive a breakfast and lunch daily
- Students should not bring soda, chips, and other unhealthy snacks to school
- Children enjoy a fresh healthy food daily
- PS75 Grab & Go is located on Bryant Avenue and is available between 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM. No need to bring the student with you to pick up meals.
- In addition to in school meals, families can receive funds for food. Learn more at on.nyc.gov/p-ebt or call New York State’s EBT Customer Service Center at 1-888-328-6399.
The New York City Department of Education is committed to making free meals available daily for any New Yorker. Any New Yorker who wants one can get free meals at more than 400 Meal Hubs across the city. Click the link for information https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/food/free-meals
- Meals can be picked up at all Meal Hubs 7:30 am to 1:30 pm, Monday through Friday
- Meals Hubs will operate for children and families from 7:30 am to 11:30 am, and for adults from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
- No one will be turned away at any time
- All adults and children can pick up multiple meals at one time
- Vegetarian and halal options available at all sites
- No dining space is available, so meals must be eaten off premises
- Parents and guardians may pick up meals for their children
- No registration or ID required
School Leadership Team
Marines Arrieta-Cruz, Principal; Patricia McQueen, UFT Chapter Leader; Dalky Velez, PTA President; Thera Erickson, UFT Member/Chair;
Stephanie Cosentino, UFT Member; Vanessa Veal, UFT Member/Co-chair; Christina Falco-Ortiz, Parent Member; Aracelis Cancel, Parent Member/Title I Representative; Troy Hill, Parent Member; Starasia Patterson-Brown
Meeting Location & Time:
Meeting Dates: The team meets the 4th Tuesday* of the month.
- September 20, 2022*
- October 25, 2022
- November 29, 2022
- December 20, 2022
- January 31, 2023
- February 28, 2023
- March 28, 2023
- April 25, 2023
- May 30, 2023
- June 13, 2023
*The date may be adjusted based on the school calendar and end year scheduling.
Urban Health Plan, Inc.
School Based Health Center Program - Your Child's Medical Care At School!
CURRENTLY THE PROGRAM IS NOT OPERATING OUT OF THEIR OFFICE IN THE SCHOOL BUILDING DUE TO THE PANDEMIC. Services will resume when restrictions are lifted. Currently your child can continue to receive their medical services at Urban Health Plan locations.
1065 Southern BLVD at (718)589-2440 /OR/ 953 Southern BLVD at (718)589-4776 /OR/ 890 Garrison Avenue at (718)589-1687
Coming back to you soon...Urban Health Plan Medical Services at PS75. Complete your consent and registration packet today! Urban Health at P.S. 75 in located in room 302 on the 3rd floor. You can call them at (718)860-6475 or (718)860-1630 ext. 3020 for information.
A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.
-William Arthur Ward
PS 75 is a PBIS School - Recognize RULER - We are emotionally intelligent!
P.S.75 is a PBIS School - SEL Core Competencies
YOUR VOICE MATTERS! Mr. Ramos our Parent Coordinator can be reached at (718)860-1630 ext. 1080 or VRamos14@schools.nyc.gov for parent information in our school and D8 . Please feel free to reach out to Ms. Erickson, Ms. Christina and the PTA in addition to Mr. Ramos. We are here to create and encourage parent voice in our school, keep parents informed of important events, and provide resources for at home support. Please feel free to email us at CRivera88@schools.nyc.gov TErickson2@schools.nyc.gov for information or contact the PTA Office at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will respond to your email.
Additional information: Twitter - PS75@TheraErickson
Instagram - ps75_research_and_discovery
Facebook - PS 75x PTA Page
PS 75 Parent-Teacher Association
Building Bridges for Success! We are excited to work with you to make our children's school and community a better place. Please email us at email@example.com if you would like to contact us. Like us on Facebook at PS 75X PTA and get information on school events and happenings!
PTA President - Dalky Velez
Treasurer: Christina Ortiz
Recording Secretary: Alacelis Cancel
Sheltering Arms at P.S. 75
Interested in Sheltering Arms After-School Program? Call today to find out about enrollment at (718)860-1630 ext. 2021 and we will be happy to assist you!
Download PS 75 School App TODAY!
The PS 75 Research & Discovery app by School App Express enables parents, students, teachers and administrators of PS 75 Research & Discovery to quickly access the resources, tools, news and information to stay connected and informed!
City Year in Partnership with P.S. 75
City Year is an education nonprofit organization dedicated to helping students and schools succeed.
NYC DOE Family Letter and Consent Form for COVID-19 Testing - Click Link for more information: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/about-us/news/chancellor-s-message-for-families
We come to school everyday to WORK, WORK, WORK and have some fun!
We come to school everyday to LEARN, LEARN, LEARN and have a little fun too!
We come to school everyday to READ, READ, READ and experience life through books!
We come to school everyday to make a DIFFERENCE!
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact Thera Erickson at TErickson2@schools.nyc.gov to request assistance. Thank you.