A MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
Greetings Parents, Guardians, and School Community!
Spring is a season of new beginnings. This is the time for students to really blossom and grow. It will be extremely important for your children to do the following things to ensure that they are well prepared for NYS assessments and future opportunities in education.
- Get plenty of sleep every night.
- Exercise by walking or running daily.
- Drink lots of water and eat nutritiously.
- Read every day for at least 20 minutes.
- Do homework daily.
- Take time, slow down when doing assignments.
- Ask lots of questions when you don’t understand.
- Check work over before turning it in.
- Remember to listen so you can learn and learn to listen.
- Have fun! Learning is an adventure.
I have full confidence that our children are going to make great gains this year. If you have any questions, concerns, or need materials to help you child at home, we welcome you to stop in and we will assist you. Also, click on the Student Practice Testing on the toolbar. Thank you!
Mrs. Marines Arrieta-Cruz
#KINDNESS in a World where you can be anything be kind!
Self-discipline is one of the keys to living to your full potential. If you can be disciplined with your daily actions you can achieve anything that you set your mind to.
We are BACK to a Traditional Learning Schedule. That means that your child is in the school building Monday through Friday. If our school, borough, city, state or country should ever return to a Health Emergency, or a class need to quarantine, you will be informed and the appropriate measures will be followed.
School Day Hours - 8:20 AM to 2:40 PM
*For your convience school doors open at 8:00 AM and breakfast is served daily in the cafeteria and instruction begins at 8:20 AM.
*Please see PC Ramos to inquire about our Early Drop Off Program, if your family requires additonal morning support.
Building Safety Procedures
Building Safety Procedures: We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: Masks are a choice.
- Handwashing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Drop-off and pickup procedures: Please respect social distancing between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents are required to show ID to pick up a student and enter areas of the building.
- Visiting our school: Visitors are required to show a valid photo ID and be announced to the school staff member they have an appointment with or visiting. Call the main office for an appointment or to speak with the appropriate staff/team member to assist you.
- While in the building: When you enter the building, you will be escorted to the staff or team member you are meeting with. Please check in at the front desk and exit through the front door only.
- Traffic flow in hallways and common areas: Hallways have two sides for traffic. Please do not cross between classes and maintain distance between yourself and classes.
- Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 100.2°F must stay home. Urban Health Clinic is open daily form 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Please come to school to get medical care and we will updated your attendance, in additon to collecting learning materials for home.
NEED TO KNOW NOW!
INSTRUCTION Begins at 8:20 AM, please be PROMPT to school daily! The school day ends at 2:40 PM.
P.S. 75 is a UNIFORM school! Grey shirt and black bottoms. Find out how to get your school uniform shirt today. Call the main office for details (718)860-1630 or stop in an see Mr. Ramos, Parent Coordinator.
DOE School Year Calendar Link: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/about-us/news/2023-2024-school-year-calendar
Join The NEST to stay connected to PC Ramos and the School Community...fly in and gather information, attend workshops and MUCH MORE!
The NEST (google.com) Click the link or contact Mr. Ramos TODAY for your access code.
P.S.75 is a UNIFORM SCHOOL!
Grey Shirt and Black Bottoms or one of our uniform shirts with the school logo. Call the main office at (718)860-1630 ext. 0 or PC Ramos for details. In addition, you can purchase school uniforms at our school.
We are committed to making sure that all students can successfully connect to online learning during their at-home learning days!
- Students should bring their charged devices to school daily, unless told by the teacher or school to do otherwise.
- Borrowed devices should be used for school purposes only and kept in a secure location. DO NOT PUT A PASSWORD ON DEVICES! Take your device with you on in-school days.
- Technology Support for borrowed devices link: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/learning/learn-at-home/technical-tools-and-support/technical-support-for-families
- If you are not able to get internet hooked up in your home, contact the school or your child's teacher for alternative offline assignments.
- If you are having trouble connecting to Google Class, Google Meets, or any of our online learning resources, contact your child's teacher.
NYC DOE Student Account Page
On this page you can get access to Student Accounts, update passwords, video tutorials, and much more.
Community Support Services - Click on the links below!
A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.
-William Arthur Ward
- Students will receive a breakfast and lunch daily
- Students should not bring soda, chips, and other unhealthy snacks to school
- Children enjoy a fresh healthy food daily
- In addition to in school meals, families maybe eligible for food funds. Learn more at on.nyc.gov/p-ebt or call New York State’s EBT Customer Service Center at 1-888-328-6399.
The New York City Department of Education is committed to making free meals available daily for any New Yorker. Any New Yorker who wants one can get free meals at more than 400 Meal Hubs across the city. Click the link for information https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/food/free-meals
New York State Next Generation Learning Standards
Urban Health Plan, Inc.
School Based Health Center Program - Your Child's Medical Care At School!
The school office opens daily at 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM and is located in office 302 on the 3rd floor of the school. The phone number is (718)860-1630 ext. 3020 or call the main office to be transfered. The office also offers dental services and they can provide you with detailed information.
Urban Health Plan Medical Services at PS75. Complete your consent and registration packet today!
1065 Southern BLVD at (718)589-2440 /OR/ 953 Southern BLVD at (718)589-4776 /OR/ 890 Garrison Avenue at (718)589-1687
School Leadership Team
Marines Arrieta-Cruz, Principal; Patricia McQueen, UFT Chapter Leader; Dalky Velez, PTA President; Thera Erickson, UFT Member/Chair;
Stephanie Cosentino, UFT Member; Vanessa Veal, UFT Member/Co-chair; Christina Falco-Ortiz, Parent Member; Aracelis Cancel, Parent Member/Title I Representative; Troy Hill, Parent Member; Starasia Patterson-Brown
Meeting Location & Time:
Room 206/208 at 3:15 PM
Meeting Dates: The team meets the 4th Tuesday* of the month.
- September 20, 2022*
- October 25, 2022
- November 29, 2022
- December 20, 2022
- January 31, 2023
- February 28, 2023
- March 28, 2023
- April 25, 2023
- May 30, 2023
- June 13, 2023
*The date may be adjusted based on the school calendar and end year scheduling.
PS 75 is a PBIS School - Recognize RULER - We are emotionally intelligent!
P.S.75 is a PBIS School - SEL Core Competencies
YOUR VOICE MATTERS! Mr. Ramos our Parent Coordinator can be reached at (718)860-1630 ext. 1082 or VRamos14@schools.nyc.gov for parent information in our school and D8 . Please feel free to reach out to Ms. Erickson, Ms. Christina and the PTA in addition to Mr. Ramos. We are here to create and encourage parent voice in our school, keep parents informed of important events, and provide resources for at home support. Please feel free to email us at CRivera88@schools.nyc.gov TErickson2@schools.nyc.gov for information or contact the PTA Office at email@example.com and they will respond to your email.
Additional information: Twitter - PS75@TheraErickson
Instagram - ps75_research_and_discovery
Facebook - PS 75x PTA Page
PS 75 Parent-Teacher Association
Building Bridges for Success! We are excited to work with you to make our children's school and community a better place. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to contact us. Like us on Facebook at PS 75X PTA and get information on school events and happenings!
PTA President - Dalky Velez
Vice President - Lizette Pagan
Treasurer: Christina Falco-Ortiz
Recording Secretary: Anajanet Thomas
Afterschool at P.S. 75
Interested in registration for the after-school program? Call today to find out about enrollment at (718)860-1630 ext. 2021 and we will be happy to assist you!
Download PS 75 School App TODAY!
The PS 75 Research & Discovery app by School App Express enables parents, students, teachers and administrators of PS 75 Research & Discovery to quickly access the resources, tools, news and information to stay connected and informed!
City Year in Partnership with P.S. 75
City Year is an education nonprofit organization dedicated to helping students and schools succeed.
We come to school everyday to WORK, WORK, WORK and have some fun!
We come to school everyday to LEARN, LEARN, LEARN and have a little fun too!
We come to school everyday to READ, READ, READ and experience life through books!
We come to school everyday to make a DIFFERENCE!
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact Thera Erickson at TErickson2@schools.nyc.gov to request assistance. Thank you.